This Realtek RTL8812AU supports both 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz frequencies and is ideal for penetration testing/Wi-Fi hacking and supports monitor mode and packet injection.
The adapter works on Windows 10 and Mac OS X 10.xx as a normal Wi-Fi adapter without the need to install drivers. Mac OS X 11.xx might not work. Please ensure your built-in drivers on your Mac and Windows machines are up to date.
- 5dBi external detachable antenna.
- Realtek RTL8812AU chipset, support 802.11a/ b/ g/ n/ ac.
- aircrack-ng suite support.
- Monitor mode support.
- Packet injection support.
- Will work with Kali weather it is installed as a main Operating System or as a Virtual Machine (regardless of the host OS).
- All of the above has been tested with an updated Kali Linux 2019.4 on VirtualBox virtual machine and as a main OS.
802.11b: UP to 11Mbps.
802.11g: UP to 54Mbps.
802.11a: UP to 54Mbps.
802.11n: UP to 150Mbps.
802.11ac: UP to 867Mbps.
Interface: USB 3.0 mini USB USB 2.0 compatible
Antenna: 5dBi detachable antenna.
Frequency Range: 2.4 & 5 GHz.
Channels : 1~11 channels ( North America ), 1~13 channels ( General Europe ).
Security: WEP 64/128, 802.1X support, Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), WPA-PSK, WPA II-PSK.
Dimensions: 72 x 18 x 10 mm
Modulation Technology: DBPSK, DQPSK, CCK, OFDM, 16-QAM, 64-QAM
Transmit Power: < 20dBm (EIRP)
* Each device comes directly from the manufacturer and has been tested before shipping and they work out of the box on Mac OS X 10.xx and Windows 10. Ensure your operating system and your drivers are updated.
** Kali Linux needs drivers installed as explained before, available from @kimocoder on Github.
Please note: The Wi-Fi adapter comes without blister packaging to reduce plastic waste and shipping cost.